Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What doesn't kill us...

...is often just killing us slowly. My college is up to something. I'm not sure what, but I keep asking myself why I would be repeatedly subjected to a series of Herculean Labors just to go to school here. It's like some kind of deranged loyalty test akin to drowning a woman to prove she isn't a witch. The latest trial involves my school loans getting canceled as a result of my skipping last quarter. Despite the fact that I emailed them about it just to prevent this from happening. TWICE. I need to say something here:

GAHHHHHHHHH!!!! EXPLETIVE ******** DELETED EX-*****-ing DELEPLETIVE!

And believe me that's the barest tip of my rage and frustration! All day long I struggled in vain to deal with related "drop/add week" issues and was confounded at every turn. Printers wouldn't print. Parking stickers failed to arrive. Professors I needed were off. Entire groups of vital staff have been relocated from their regular buildings for the sake of "convenience" with little notice. And I think people are following me.

Either they're killing me slowly as some kind of twisted experiment, or I'm being tested to join some super-secret dark order within the school (probably called "Kneecap and Ribcages" or something similar)... or I'm just having a real lousy run of luck.

Let's hope Karma gives me a payoff for all this agony down the road -- unless all this bad luck is outstanding Karmic debt incurred in a previous life (perhaps pre-Kevin once trampled an old lady to get to a Labor Day sale). Well... at least I'm used to being in debt. See? There's always a silver lining.

UPDATE -- Just got a letter from the Bursar's office. It looks like they're going to be able to reprocess my loans! YES! It was such a tremendous relief to hear this good news, and I appreciate their rapidity in getting back to me. I think I might have passed the test! I'm hoping the Sooper Secret Society will be contacting me shortly...

UPDATED UPDATE -- There is no secret society. Never was. It's all a joke. I have not just been asked to become a "Ribsman" with the codename Thaddius Hurfle. [shifty-eyes]

No comments: